IF: How is 'long-term residency' calculated?

In order to be eligible to apply for a Global Fellowship or the RI-Panel of a Standard EF, researchers must be 'experienced researchers', comply with the mobility rule and have either EU-MS/AC nationality or be long-term residents.Long-term residents are researchers who spent a period of full-time research activity of at least 5 consecutive (without breaks in research) years in one or more Member States or Associated Countries.
Long-term residency is calculated like for the 'Full-time equivalent research experience', as the 5 consecutive years of 'full-time research activity' which are measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree which would formally entitle him/her to embark on a doctorate.