In an EJD, shall all ESRs receive double/joint degree, or can some of them receive the PhD from only one institution?

For EJDs, doctoral degrees have to be either joint, double or multiple awarded by institutions from at least two different countries. For the definition of joint, double/multiple degree, please check the Workprogramme 2017, p. 8, footnotes.