IF: If a researcher lives in country A and completes a PhD entirely remotely (by distance learning) with an organisation in country B, would that researcher be eligible to apply for EF with an organisation in country B? The researcher would have undertaken short visits (one to two week’s duration) to country B during the PhD, but did not live in country B or carry out any of the research work in country B.

Please note that it is not possible to confirm individual eligibility through this service, before reception of the complete file. However, with respect to your question and the mobility rule as defined in the guide for applicants, if the researcher resided and carried out his/her main activity in country A, he/she could be in principle eligible to apply for an IF in country B.  This will be verified and assessed against the information given by the researcher in the proposal submission form.
(Answer provided by REA)