There are 3 options to fix the start date of an IF:
- The first day of the month after the entry into force of the grant agreement
- A fixed starting date
- The effective starting date to be notified by the beneficiary, which must be within 12 months from the date the Agreement enters into force
In the first two cases the start date is clearly stated, and no further action is required from the beneficiary (project starts at the said date).
In the last case, however, although an indicative start date is asked during the Grant Agreement preparation, the start date of the action only becomes effective once the PCoCo (supervisor) or the PLSIGN notifies the Project Officer of this date (by sending a Formal Notification via the PPGMS – Participant Portal Grant Management System), hence the reminders sent when the indicative date approaches (pre-financing is triggered 10 days before the effective start date).
Please note that:
- All official communication with REA services is to be done via the Participant Portal (PPGMS – be it amendment request, chat messaging or Formal Notification)
- In a near future the notification of the effective start date will be a task assigned to the PCoCo/PLSIGN to be done via the PPGMS
- In order to change an effective start date, an amendment request should be filed via the PPGMS (no more paper request)